Thursday, April 28, 2011

Enterting into the 21st century...

Okay, so I don't have an iphone. As a matter of fact, as of late, I have caught quite a bit of slack regarding my use of a Motorola Razr. What can I say, I use stuff until it breaks or doesn't work any more.
That being said - surpisingly here I am creating a blog...
I'm not sure what's prompting this move - just a general urge to at some point perhaps let friends and family into our little world since we don't get out much anymore.
Here's a taste of my random thoughts.
Starting to realize I really am an old woman at heart:
I have recently picked up crochet and even more recently picked up knitting. I had been shown how to crochet when I was little but never had the propencity for it until recently. I just picked up a couple of books and taught myself to crochet. Then I moved onto knitting cause...well...why not? I'm currently in the middle of knitting Jamie socks. I'm becoming ever-so-slightly obsessed with this new hobby - buying yarn on sale, looking at knitting and crochet magazines that have patterns and techniques (recently suscribed to one of each kind) and combing through different websites.
We still regularly receive mail for my long deceased father and we received this 'super coupon' packet yesterday. I enjoy looking through all the fabulous products out there on the market (please note the heavy sarcasim) and between the 'Having Trouble Wiping' coupon for some sort of fantasic toilet seat and the 'Better Man/Woman' bladder control pills coupon was a Crochet World magazine coupon...
Oh, that would be me...in the middle...between fantastic toilet seats and bladder control pills....just crocheting and knitting along. :) Yep, that's me...getting prematurely old.

No comments:

Post a Comment