Friday, January 27, 2012

To Lace or Not to Lace

I have an urge to create something lacy.

You see, I received these absolutely beautiful needles for Christmas (from my fantastic significant other) that just beg for lace to be on them.

This picture doesn't really do them justice, but I am an awful blogger as evident by my lack of blogging. I'll be sure and take photo of them in person and post it, cause seriously, they're beautiful.


I have a ball of yarn that is for lace making and, if you'll remember, I attempted to cast on a scarf to no avail. Does all lace look funny until blocked? Should I just go for it?

I must get through the 'sock from hell' of infinate stockinette stitch made of the tiniest yarn ever which will never become another pair of socks in my household. One of the pairs of 'one sock gifts' from Christmas. This set of socks will be one of a kind - seriously. The remaining balls in my stash are destined to become some other object of non stockinette stitch nature. I had every intention of getting it done before the end of January, but I am not so sure about that goal seeing as I'm not even past the heel of the thing yet.

I will keep you posted.
-E



No comments:

Post a Comment