Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Up and Running

I'm knitting again!

While I was out of town last week, I finished one of the little beanies (crochet) and started the second one. I need to finish up that second one. I did not pick up the sweater project until this past weekend. Seems as though I just couldn't count before, but I can now so I'm back on it. I've gotten quite a bit done in my normal fashion of knitting a few rows when I have time. Coming right along.

I also scraped the ceiling in our master bath sink area. We're still throwing around ideas of if we want to texture paint it like we did in the closet or try something else, but Jamie has to replace a patch of sheetrock in the corner where we tore out a built in shelf type thing that took up lots of space and made it feel kinda cramped.
The side table I plan on converting into a sink base is still available thank goodness. I keep visiting it :). We have a bit of an issue with space in this little sink area and after deciding it wasn't a good idea to knock out the wall between the sink area and shower/toilet area I've had to be quite creative to find something that will work as a double sink. I combed over websites and wore Jamie out with visiting home improvement stores in search of something that was a) not super expensive and when I say super expensive I mean it needs to be cheap; b) is good quality; c) and allows for two sinks in a 60' space. So, I found this:
 Closeout! Linden Street Cherry Road Sofa Table
I'm envisioning two vessel sinks like this:
Kraus Rectangular Ceramic Sink and Ramus Faucet

 and the expensive part is the faucets for two vessel sinks. The particular sink above comes sink/faucet combo and that may be the way we have to go. I think I can get the entire piece for under $800. It is hard to find a comparable two sink option that looks a little higher end.  I would love to create the whole thing for under $500, but we'll see. That's an idealistic number and may not even be realistically possible.
My goal is to redo the entire master bedroom and bathroom for under $2500. That's my goal...we'll see if I can actually do that. The tub and surround has the greatest potential to bust that number - I'm still on the hunt for those items.
Alrighty, I just went off on a huge home improvement tangent. Thanks for listening.

I've got to get back to my real world. Ya'll have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment