Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mile marker 1

Progressing quite nicely. This is the first measurement marker when I start the top portion lace fagoting pattern. And yes, I am providing a link to the definition of that word because I actually looked it up, don't hate.
Took the store-bought marker off..screw that shit. I don't know if my stitches are too tight but I don't like the way it stretches that particular stitch. I just line up with the yarn end at the bottom from casting on cause that's the beginning. Duh. Probably going to have to use bits of yarn for markers as this project progresses so I don't get that stretching going on cause it'll show.
I'm on the math part - got it figured out (I think math is waaaay scarier in theory than in practice). Not too bad...it's probably good for me to do a bit of math without a calculator every now and again. Gets the brain juices going.
Exploration of Ravelry still going on - someone randomly left me a nice message about my Man Socks project. How nice! I like nice people. They make me happy. Shout out to that random nice person in Rhode Island! Getting warm fuzzies from Ravelry.
Reading Sumari Knitter's blogs on the knit along project which is a sweater and it is very insightful. Haven't so much read any of the 'knitting greats' and not so up to speed on what ESP or certain methodologies are - research topics!
WARNING: jumping on soap box!
So, I've been flipping through searches on knitting blogs and came across some dumbass saying knitters are on the rise as a kick against mainstream fashion. I am not fed up with mainstream fashion...I do not give a shit. My response to crazy mainstream fashion is to not buy the crap that I don't like - not knit my own shit. I am not knitting in some crazyass response to mainstream fashion. Knitting my own items is actually quite expensive and very time consumming if you want to use quality yarn.
Fact of the matter, I started crocheting in response to a rise in the number of days in a week that I couldn't sleep. Yes folks, that's right, I couldn't sleep. I started crocheting in the evenings and bam! could sleep at night. Weird? Indeed. Knitting was a natural progression due to the commonality of yarn.
Okie, dokie, off the soap box.
Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment