Monday, May 23, 2011

What the hell was I thinking??!

The extent of my knitting experience has been:
  • a scarf
  • a patchwork/multi stitch pillow cover that I did not so much make into a pillow cover
  • A blanket with five different knit/purl stitches
  • a basket
  • man sock project
So, what the hell was I thinking when I thought "Oh, yeah, I can do this cute little sweater thing and it'll be  great..." . Ugh...WTF.
The things wrong with this stupid project:
  • The lace portion is a little off...I'm slightly tighter stitched through the yarn over than the yarn over, slip stitch, k2tog.
  • It should really specify if you are supposed to slip stitch knit or purl wise because I guess I mixed the two after youtubing and discovering that I didn't do it the way the person doing the video did..and decided on some of the stitches to do it however it was that i wasn't doing it before.
  • Patterns should also specify how they want you to dec 1 stitch because well, if I was advanced enought to have my own preference I wouldn't listen to what you said but if (like I am) I am not and decided to gain new skills, this little tid bit would help me remember how I decreased two rows ago.
  • Who writes the information for shaping shoulders/doing a neckline. EVERYTHING OUT THERE IS VERY VAGUE.
  • so I just did it...and then read that I was supposed to be binding off in the WS row not the RS row. So one shoulder is WS and the other is RS.
  • I don't really care about aforementioned mistakes....because what was I thinking. We'll be lucky if I can wear this thing in public.
  • Jamie says it's fine and he cannot tell what I am talking about....
I don't have a picture to share at the moment because I was slightly frustrated last night. Starting on the front shaping tonight, we'll see how it goes. I have no doubt that any non-knitter is going to think it's great...but me...slightly irritated that it is not perfect...and what if a knitter sees it and is like...wow you should just stop trying...cause you suck. Plus, I already put it in my projects in ravelry and well, I'm going to have to put a finished photo as some point....scary.
Also, new knitting vocab from one of the knitting blogs I'm following: steek. Which from the context clues is the fabic needed to join buttons/zippers for a cardigan style piece. Interesting.
Lumosity - a brain website - that's the best description I can come up with - anyway the free portion has some of the braingames and I do believe I am completely addicted to the word bubbles...love it.
Oh and I attempted to make peach cobbler this weekend with some fresh peaches a co-worker brought in. Won't do that again either. Damn non-descriptive instructions....should put things in there like bottom goo moves do not pile heavy ass paste/bread concoction and attempt to spread on top of gooying bottom portion unless you want peach cake. You should evenly dump paste on top of goo.
I'm out. Stupid Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment